If you thought I forgot about Fun Friday you are wrong. Thought I would give you recipes for the Holiday right before the day! With 4th of July in 2 days here are some recipes you can make to bring to the lake, beach or pool party! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Mix together cake mix and canned pumpkin. It is best to use a mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed to get fluffier cupcakes. Add in almost all of the 6 ounces of chocolate chips Put in a muffin tin with liners. Batter is dense and does not rise much so these can be filled to the top. Add a few tiny chips to the tops. Bake for 22-25 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean! **ENJOY!**
*Makes 16-20 kebabs (depending on how big you cut the brownies and how many brownie pieces you thread on the skewer) INGREDIENTS: 9X13-inch pan of Brownies (chilled and cut into 1-inch cubes) 1 pint blueberries, washed 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled Large marshmallows Hot Fudge Sauce for drizzling, if desired Bamboo/wooden skewers DIRECTIONS: Alternate threading brownies, fruit and marshmallows onto wooden skewers. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Content Credit: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/06/brownie-fruit-kebabs.html
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water,divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- In a bowl, dissolve the berry blue gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour into a 3-qt. serving bowl or divide between clear plastic cups (I used 8 (9 oz.) cups that made large servings – more like 2 servings per cup). Carefully add blueberries. Refrigerate about 1 hour until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute.Then mix in the cream and sugar; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon over the set blue layer. Refrigerate until firm, again for about 1 hour.
- Once the white layer is firm, dissolve raspberry gelatin in a bowl with remaining 1 cup boiling water; stir in remaining 1 cup cold water. Pour over a spoon over cream layer. Pouring the gelatin over a spoon prevents making a hole into the white layer as you pour. Add the diced strawberries. Chill until set for about 1 more hour. Garnish with whipped cream and additional berries if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings or for me it was 8 of the 9 oz cups.
Content Credit: http://realmomkitchen.com/7351/red-white-n-blue-jello-salad/