Did you know that there is not only a such thing as outside pollution but also indoor pollution? To be honest, I never knew what would cause indoor pollution besides tobacco smoke. Here is a list of things that can cause indoor pollution!
Causes of Indoors Air Pollution
- Asbestos building products when dislodged (no longer intact)
- Biological contaminants such as mold, dust mites, viruses and pet dander
- Carbon Monoxide
- Formaldehyde found in pressure treated wood
- Lead (pre-1978 house paint)
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Particulates found in dust, pollen, cleaning sprays and poorly ventilated areas
- Tobacco Smoke
- Volatile organic compounds including household cleaning products, pesticides and aerosol propellants
If you don’t think it is important to have clean air in your home, well here is a few fun facts!
Clean Air in the Home
- Children in homes with high levels of mold show persistent, cold-like symptons-300% more than those in clean environments.
- Every year about 40 pounds of dust is generated per 1,5000 square feet in a home.
- Roughly 80 percent of the particles you see floating in your home in a ray of sunshine are dead human skin.
So now what do you think?
Photo Credit: www.emaxhealth.com