For those who haven’t met Luna….This is our SERVPRO MASCOT! Let’s just say she is quite the character and definitely gave me a big welcome my first day at the office. How could you not love her? Look at her!
Today I was planning to blog about how to prevent a fire in your home/ business, but there will be plenty of time for that later. First, we need to pay a respectable tribute to VALENTINES DAY! To me, this holiday means celebrating love. Not just celebrating love with a significant other, but with friends/family and community! When I was young, my mom would give us baskets with our favorite things ranging from movies, CD’s, to our favorite foods! So, since we consider our blog followers as friends of SERVPRO, I thought it would only be right to share a great recipe with you! I definitely have a sweet tooth and can eat tons of chocolate, so take my advice on this one– it’s YUMMMY! ENJOY!
Mint Oreo Truffles
■1 package mint Oreo cookies
■1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
■12 oz. white chocolate
■2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
■1 teaspoon peppermint extract
■green food coloring
1. Finely crush 5 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, or in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water, ensuring the bowl does not touch the surface of the water. Remove from heat, and stir in peppermint extract. Add green food coloring until desired shade of green is reached. If your brand of white chocolate melts a little thicker, you can use vegetable oil to thin it. (Folks have told me they’ve also tried almond bark and candy melts to BAD results. The peppermint seizes the whole mixture. So please, only use white chocolate!)
5. Dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. Sprinkle the tops with the 5 crushed cookies for decoration.
6. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Content, Image Credit: http://amandeleine.com/2011/09/22/mint-oreo-truffles/