Don’t Let Mold Mold Your Health

In all of yesterday’s allergy talk we touched briefly on the topic of mold. Excessive amounts of mold and certain types of mold may present health concerns. Water damages in particular can cause mold growth in your home or business, therefore it is important to have your water damages cleaned promptly and professionally. It’s a do-it-yourself age, my friends, but some things are more important to have done right.

So check your home for the following signs of the presence of excessive mold:

  • The presence of visible mold (shocker, I know).
  • Strong, musty odors (yeah, that’s not just the way your house smells).
  • Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth (spotting on the ceiling, anyone?).
  • Excessive humidity (hellllllo South Carolina).

If you think you might have a mold problem, call your local SERVPRO (for us in Cayce/West Columbia and Lexington that’s 803-755-9774) or dial 1-800-SERVPRO.

In most water damage situations mold growth is not a problem, and we can safely restore your home or business to preloss condition. The need to address the presence of mold can only be determined by an on-site, indoor environmental inspection.

In some situations an indoor air quality professional will be required to create a restoration plan for your home. SERVPRO is experienced at carrying out the assigned plan and working to make it, well, “Like it never even happened.”

Photo Credit: http://mlmcored.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/a96718_a469_sneezing.jpg

Sandy Hayden

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s