Helpful tips on what to do until help arrives.
Today we post Part 3 of Home Emergency Tips. Here at SERVPRO we clean and restore fire and water damage, but our desire is that you never need to call us. June is Home Safety Month, so stay tuned to tips to keep your home the safest home it can be.
Harmful Waste (Sewage, Bloodborne Pathogens, Etc.)
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
- Attempt cleanup of any kind.
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
- Eat, drink, smoke, apply cosmetics or handle contact lenses in affected areas.
*If exposed to harmful waste, OSHA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Consult your local health department or physician.