Helpful tips on what to do until help arrives.
It’s time for Part 2 of our 4-part Home Emergency Tips. June is Home Safety Month and we want to equip you to minimize home injuries with brief tips that go a long way. Stay tuned for more tips!
- Hose or wash egg damage from building exterior as soon as possible.
- Blot freshly spilled food from carpets and fabrics with a dampened cloth or sponge (but don’t overwet). Scrape and blot; don’t rub since it can damage fibers.
- Vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Save containers that reveal the composition of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard wood chips, broken pieces from furniture, porcelain or other art objects.